With summer coming to an end, you may be contemplating ways to prepare your home for fall. By starting early, you can be fully prepared before the onset of fall and winter holidays. Here are a few ideas to help you get started from Murvay Insurance in Newport Beach, CA.
Clean Your Gutters
The end of summer is a good time to clean your home’s gutters in preparation for rainy weather in fall. Clogged drains and gutters can pose the risk of water leaking into your home and causing water damage. At the same time, you can check for gutter damage and make necessary repairs.
Declutter Your Home
With the kids back in school, you’re bound to have more traffic in and out of your home. Clutter in hallways and stairs can lead to accidents. By preparing a place to store school bags, sports equipment, and other items, you can make your Newport Beach CA home a safer (and prettier) environment.
Upgrade Lighting (Inside and Out)
There’s less daylight during fall and winter, making it important to have sufficient lighting in your home to avoid accidents. Indoor energy-efficient lights will brighten your environment without raising energy costs. Outdoor motion detection lights will safeguard visitors during evening events and provide extra security for your family.
Put a Fresh Coat of Paint on Walls
Give your interior a new look with a fresh coat of paint on the walls. Painting your walls will create an attractive, welcoming setting for guests as they visit for the holidays.
Contact Your Murvay Insurance Agent to Update your Policy
Review your home insurance policy to ensure you have adequate coverage for the holidays. Adequate coverage will protect your assets in the event of disaster or accidents.
For customized home insurance to protect your investments, contact Murvay Insurance in Newport Beach, CA.
Owning a business in the Newport Beach, CA area can be a great option as the local economy continues to be very strong and there is a lot of consumer demand. While a business can do very well in this area, there are also many risks that a business faces on a daily basis. One way that some of these risks can be properly managed and mitigated is by getting a quality commercial insurance policy. Commercial insurance can protect a business a number of ways.
Provide Liability Protection
Any business is taking on some liability risk whenever they meet with a customer or provide a service. Due to this risk, it is important that you find ways to manage liability. One of the best ways that a business owner can do this today is by getting a liability insurance policy. This will provide you with very valuable liability protection for a variety of situations.
A business owner will have to invest a lot of money in a variety of business assets. One of the best ways that this investment can be protected is through a commercial insurance policy. This type of insurance will provide protection for the covered assets in the event of a fire, storm damage, theft, or other potential losses.
If you are an owner or manager for a business in the Newport Beach, CA area, it is very important that you ensure that you are properly taken care of. When you are evaluating your insurance needs, you should speak with the professionals at Murvay Insurance. The team at Murvay Insurance knows all of the unique risks that businesses deal with on a daily basis. They can then help you to mitigate these risks with a quality commercial insurance policy.
You know the importance of homeowners insurance on your primary residence, but things can get a little bit tricky when you own multiple properties. Insuring your summer home is important, and it can make sense to take out an even more protective insurance policy on your home away from home. At Murvay Insurance, serving Newport Beach, CA, we understand the importance of insurance on your second home.
First, think about location. Many summer homes are in areas that are more prone to weather-related damage than primary residences. Is your vacation home located near a beach, or in a mountain area known for severe weather? If so, you may want to purchase additional protection to keep your home safe in case of weather damage.
Second, are you going to rent out your home to others? If so, you may want to take extra precautions when it comes to your insurance policy. You vet the people staying in your home, of course, but it’s hard to know exactly what will happen when you aren’t there. Amping up your insurance policy is smart if you use a service like VBRO or AirBnB to rent out your home, especially if you depend on the income you earn from renting.
Lastly, do you have a pool or a hot tub attached or adjacent to your home? If so, it’s important that your policy covers personal injury and damages related to these structures. Your agent can talk to you about the type of coverage that makes the most sense for your pool or hot tub.
Whether your second home is on the beach or a part of a ski resort, it’s important that you talk with an insurance agent who gets your needs. Stop into Murvay Insurance, serving Newport Beach, CA today- we’ll help you find the policy that makes sense for you.
Choosing a Home Policy
Home insurance is necessary in California with how many things can go wrong, so it’s important to pay attention to these factors in order to choose the right insurance.
- Replacement Cost: Check with an agent at Murvay Insurance to see if you are covered under 100% replacement cost. This may be recommended, even if you still don’t have a mortgage, if you want to rebuild your home after a major loss. This isn’t the market value of the house, but rather the cost to rebuild it in the event of a total loss.
- Your Deductible: The higher your deductible, the less you will have to pay on your premiums. However, you will be on the hook for your deductible if you need to file a claim. Deductibles used to be around $500 but are creeping up toward $1,000. If you can swing it, choose a deductible that is higher to save on premiums.
- High-Value Items: If you have a lot of valuables, you may need some extra coverage. Some of these items that need additional coverage include electronics, furs, jewelry, and fine arts. Be sure to get an appraisal on these items, so you can ensure that you have enough coverage.
- What’s Not Covered in Your Policy: Certain things aren’t covered under homeowners insurance in California, such as damage from earthquakes and floods. Pay attention to anything not included in your policy, so you can be sure to add it if possible or look at additional ways to get coverage.
- Your Location: The location of your home is going to matter. Homes that are near a fire hydrant may be cheaper to insure. Homes that are located in a community with a professional fire department nearby may also be cheaper than homes where there are only volunteer firefighters.
Contact Murvay Insurance to get a quote on home insurance.