When it comes to making insurance claims for businesses, many people think they can just make a claim when a loss or catastrophe occurs and wait. However, there are certain things these business owners need to know, so they won’t be blindsided. There are some different details to be aware of with commercial insurance claims than there are with regular insurance claims. This is especially true when it comes to living in some states like California. Thus, the following include certain things you should know about concerning commercial claims when you live in Newport Beach, CA or other areas in the state of California:
You must pay this before the insurance agency will pay the claim.
2. Loss of Control and Prevention
Loss control services are usually implemented into a higher premium account of higher risk as part of the total insurance package.
3. Other Information Concerning Premiums
To lower your premium, there are various things to do for a greater modification allowed that will lead to a better claims experience. Having a top-notch insurance agent will guide you with this.
For more information, Murvay Insurance is the one to turn to. Located in Newport Beach, CA, Murvay Insurance has highly trained agents that know the details concerning commercial insurance in the state of California. They have a full array of top-notch insurance affiliations. Thus, this agency can get your business set-up with the right product. They will also customize commercial insurance accordingly to meet your needs.
So, to make sure your business is properly covered, contact them today. They can be reached at their location, by phone, or via email.
Choosing a Home Policy
Home insurance is necessary in California with how many things can go wrong, so it’s important to pay attention to these factors in order to choose the right insurance.
- Replacement Cost: Check with an agent at Murvay Insurance to see if you are covered under 100% replacement cost. This may be recommended, even if you still don’t have a mortgage, if you want to rebuild your home after a major loss. This isn’t the market value of the house, but rather the cost to rebuild it in the event of a total loss.
- Your Deductible: The higher your deductible, the less you will have to pay on your premiums. However, you will be on the hook for your deductible if you need to file a claim. Deductibles used to be around $500 but are creeping up toward $1,000. If you can swing it, choose a deductible that is higher to save on premiums.
- High-Value Items: If you have a lot of valuables, you may need some extra coverage. Some of these items that need additional coverage include electronics, furs, jewelry, and fine arts. Be sure to get an appraisal on these items, so you can ensure that you have enough coverage.
- What’s Not Covered in Your Policy: Certain things aren’t covered under homeowners insurance in California, such as damage from earthquakes and floods. Pay attention to anything not included in your policy, so you can be sure to add it if possible or look at additional ways to get coverage.
- Your Location: The location of your home is going to matter. Homes that are near a fire hydrant may be cheaper to insure. Homes that are located in a community with a professional fire department nearby may also be cheaper than homes where there are only volunteer firefighters.
Contact Murvay Insurance to get a quote on home insurance.